All webhosting plans and VPS OpenVZ servers benefits from automatic, incremental, remote backup system by R1Soft CDP. The backup is available directly from cPanel.
R1Soft Continuous Data Protection
R1Soft CDP(Continuous Data protection)is a backup system, purposed to function almost completely both on the Linux servers and the Windows ones Due to the low level reading speed of the data,inclusively at the sector levels,reading mode that does not follow with a spike of performance at server level,even in the moments of maximum usage,the backup application can be run continually. Also thanks to this reading method of the data,it is always possible to completely restore“bare metal restore”including even the partition located on a external system. Because of the fast techniques and the low consumption of resources,the backups located on the Hostico servers run at least one per day up to four time per day in some cases.
The servers purposed for the storage of the backups are servers specially defined,made for this task,and they don’t run other applications and services.
• backup’s are encrypted for a high level of security.
• physical access at the backup servers as well and other equipments from the Hostico network,it is only possible to the accredited Hostico staff members
• regular maintenance work is done on the backup files in order to improve the functionality and in these cases it’s possible that the backup will only be available for the last 5-10 days and not 14
• owners of shared cPanel hosting,have the possibility to make restorations to the files or databases from the inside of the cPanel account
• the owners of virtual private servers(VPS)with cPanel will be able to restore the files but not the databases from the inside of the cPanel following the same procedure as stated above.
• the owners of virtual private servers(VPS)with Webuzo they will have to contact us for the restoration of the files or databases related to their accounts the R1soft plug-in was not developed for Webuzo.
• we recommend our customers to always keep a copy of the files/databases that they own,because it is possible that in some situations the backup won’t run or will run improperly,therefore we can’t guarantee the existence of a backup from a specific day/hour or the certainty of it. Periodically on the backup files are made maintenance work or they are rotated for a better functioning,it is possible that in this situations the backup won’t be there for up to 14 days but only for 5-10. The possibility of loosing the data,both on the application servers and the backup ones,is low but not impossible,and therefor we have some general recommendations creating you own backups or security copies.
The recommendations for the creation of backup’s are as follows:
• before leaving for the holidays or when you plan on being absent for a longer time,and the site won’t be checked for a large span of time
• in advance of doing any modifications or updates-periodically according to the level of modifications that were made to the files or database
• the created backup must be downloaded and stored on your personal computer,or uploaded into a safe online enviroment
• backups made externally are available for up to 14 days
• backups kept on the shared accounts respectively Hostico VPS’s must be limited to a single copy of the website,applications or databases.
• keeping in mind the periodic run of the automatic backup is redundant keeping more than one copy of the same information.
Hostico is not liable for:
• a partial or complete lack of backup
• missing of backup from a certain date
• partial or total corruption of the backup file
• any other software or hardware malfunctions that affects the backup process It is the customers responsibility to make sure that he always has a copy of the data he owns.