- cPanel offers the possibility to change the PHP version at domain, subdomain and add-on domain by MultiPHP Manager. Depending on the requirements of installed apps or created sites, you can choose between major PHP versions such as: 5.5, 5.6 , 7.0, 7.1.
- In order to modify the PHP version of a domain, subdomain, or add-on domain, we need to access the cPanel control panel. This can be done either by accessing domain.xx / cpanel or cpanel.domain.xx, or directly from the WHM interface. The WHM administration data can be found in the email with the VPS administration data.
- Once the control panel is accessed, we will go to the Software section and click on MultiPHP Manager.
- In the next window at the bottom of the page, a list of all the domains, subdomains and add-ons added to the cPanel account will be loaded. This list will also contain the selected PHP version for each domain.
- As you can see in the above image, in this case the two domains and the subdomain use the PHP version 5.6.
- We will be able to modify the PHP version of one or more domains by checking the box on the left.
- As an example, we will change the PHP version of hostico.ro and client.hostico.ro from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.1. Once we have selected the domains, we will choose the wanted PHP version and click Apply.
- After this action, we will be greeted by a confirmation message, and the selected domains will work on the PHP version that you want.
If after reading and following the steps outlined in the article you are unable to successfully complete the described task or action, or if you have additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Hostico.