- DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions) is an extension of the name system (DNS) on the Internet, which aims to secure this protocol by using encryption algorithm.
The ROTLD administration panel provides the option to enable the DNSSEC extension by domain.
- We will need ROTLD login data.
- Access to the ROTLD email box (where the confirmation link will be sent to validate the actions made in your account).
- Access to the cPanel control panel to get the required data (DNSSEC records).
- The ROTLD login interface will be accessed at: https://rotld.ro/domadmin/
- We will input the autentification data (the domain name and password), then click on the Continue button.
- The main interface of the ROTLD Administration panel will load.
- We will click on the DNSSEC button in the navigation bar.
- In the next window we will be able to add DS (delegation signer) records.
In order to get the records, we will access cPanel and click on the DNSSEC button in the Hosting Tools category.
We will look for the domain for which we want to activate DNSSEC.
- In the DS field, on the ROTLD page, we will add the data in a single string, which will be comprised of the cPanel information obtained in the previous step. One or more DS records can be added for each Digest Type:
-Key Tag in our case 2877
-Algorithm in our case 8 - RSASHA256 (we will just pass 8)
-Digest Type in our case 1 - SHA1 (we will just pass 1)
-Digest we will pass the string of characters in the digest field.
*There is space between these data.
*Your cPanel data will be different from what is shown in this tutorial.
- From these four records we should get the string: 28277 8 1 STRING_CHARACTERS_RANDOM
- This string will be added to the DS field, after which we click on Create DS.
- After the button is pressed, we will receive an information message. "An email was sent to email@example.com with the confirmation key. Use this key to confirm the "Create DS" in confirmation! "
- ROTLD will send an email containing a link (confirmation key). Once we access this link, the transactions made in your account will be confirmed.
- We will open the email sent by ROTLD and click on Confirm the operation.
- Once you have accessed the link, we will be welcomed by a confirmation message. The update was successful. Please check your updated data!
- The second and third DS records will be made in the same way, the Key Tag and the Algorithm will remain the same, and the rest of the information will be retrieved from the following Digest Type and Digest fields.
- Second string will look like this: 28277 8 2 STRING_OF_RANDOM_CHARACTERS.