1. General information
SC Awesome Projects S.R.L. refered to as Hostico, author, owner, and administrator of hostico.com respects the privacy and security of the processing regarding the personal data of every person who visits and / or uses the services offered by this website, and undertakes to protect their personal data and information. This document refers at the website hostico.com, hereinafter called as the "Website".
Hostico is a personal data controller, registered with the National Surveillance Authority for Personal Data Manipulation under no. 30701.
In accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (replacing Law 667/2001)) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of such data, Hostico has the obligation to manage safely and only for the purposes and period specified in this document the personal data you provide to us about you, a family member or other person, as well as the personal data that is visible in the context of using this website.
Personal data means any information about an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable person is one that can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifying element, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more specific elements, his own physical appearance, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity.
2. Categories of personal data requested and processed
The website is structured in a way that allows it to be visited or used without the need to reveal any personal information from its visitors. At each visit / use of the Website, the server collects, or stores in the form of electronic journals for short periods of time, basic information including the IP address, the browser used, the domain name of the referent (through which the visitor has arrived to the Website), access hours, visit duration and pages visited. Besides the IP address, none of these traffic data is identifiable information that is stored for statistical / analysis intention only in order to improve the services and of course for the purpose of preventing a fraud or abuse of the informational system. These data are not disclosed to any natural or legal person outside Hostico in any form. Any other information is provided strictly voluntarily from the visitor / user, who has no obligation to provide personal data to Hostico. Although some Hostico services can not be used without the provision of certain data, their transmission is strictly voluntary.
- a) Visitor of the Website
- the data provided in the sections involving the completion of a form :
Direct Mode: Name, Email
Indirect mode: IP
- the data provided in interacting with Hostico team members by using the online support system :
Direct mode : Name, Email
Indirect mode : IP
- b) Client of the Website
- data provided when creating a client account or making an order :
Social Security Number (individuals) **
In case of a company :
Registration Number at the Trade Registry Office
Fiscal Code / Unique Registration Code
Indirect : IP
* - optional ** - required for the registration of certain domain extensions
3. Processing purposes
Our general principles regarding the processing of personal data belonging to website visitors (considered to be the buyers of any of the services available on the Website) as well as those belonging to Website visitors are presented below.
- a) Visitor of the Website
- to respond to requests submitted by filling out the forms available on the Website
- to respond to requests submitted via the online support system
- to monitor traffic and improve the experience offered on the Website
- b) Client of the Website
Regarding the customer or potential customers, the data provided by them during or after the conclusion of the contract will only be used for the performance of the contract between Hostico and that Client and shall not be transmitted in any form to third parties or subject to any disclosure..
- the development of the contractual relationship between the customer and Hostico, respectively for undertaking, validating, in voicing and activating the order placed on the Website and informing you of the order status
- the fulfillment of the legal obligations incumbent on Hostico in the context of the services provided through the Website, including the obligations in the field of taxation and archiving.
- communicating network status information and possible maintenance / disruption work in service delivery.
- transmitting by means of distance communication (e-mail, sms) of commercial communications on the services provided by Hostico
The processing of your data for these purposes is based on the contract between the customer and Hostico, as defined in the Terms and Conditions, and is required by legal obligations. Refusing to provide data may result in the failuri of Hostico to comply with its legal obligations and therefore unable to provide you services through the Website. Data processing for marketing purposes is based on your consent if you choose to provide it by ticking the appropriate box at the time of the account creation or following this action through your client account.
Providing data for any of the above situations is voluntary but necessary for the use of the above services and for the conclusion of a contract between you and Hostico. The refusal to provide data may result in the contractual relationship between you and Hostico being inaccessible.
- c) General
The processing of your data is based on the legitimate interest of Hostico in ensuring the proper functioning of the Website, as well as to continually improve the visitor experience of the Website, including by resolving various comments, questions or complaints.
- managing and improving the services provided
- commercial sales services, market research / market studies, statistics.
- advertising, marketing and promotion activities of SC Awesome Projects SRL, functioning of promotional campaigns, tracking and monitoring sales of services and consumer behavior.
- post-sales activities, including customer service, informing users / customers about the evaluation of the services offered (including evaluation of services on the Website)
4. The length of time we keep / process the data
As a matter of principle, Hostico will process your personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the above mentioned processing goals.
If you are a customer, we will process your data for the duration of the contractual relationship and subsequently under the legal obligations of Hostico.
In the case of a customer account - it will be kept for a period of 5 years after the last financial transaction recorded on your account and will be automatically cleared when the services are no longer active in your account.
In the case of the financial accounting documents as well as the contracts and the additional acts, the retention period provided by the law is 10 years from the date of the financial year in which the financial and accounting documents were drawn up respectively 10 years from the date of termination of the respective contracts and/or additional acts.
If you do not want your personal data to be processed or you want to delete the data, you can exercise the rights detailed in paragraph 7 below.
Account deletion is only possible if there are no active services on it. In the case of one or more active services on the account, it may be closed only if one of the following conditions is met :
- is expected to end the contracted period of the active service / services on the account
- renouncing the active service / services on the account by means of a written request, namely the transfer of the active service / services to other suppliers / registrars
If you withdraw your consent to processing your data for marketing purposes, Hostico will cease processing your personal data for that purpose, but without affecting the processing of Hostico on the basis of your consent before withdrawing.
At the same time, personal data can be stored for a longer period of time for internal notes, statistics compilation, service improvement, and market research / studies.
5. Disclosure of personal data
The recorded information is intended to be used by Hostico to satisfy the contractual relationship and the provision of the requested services and may be communicated to the following third parties :
- to our (Hostico) contractual partners but only on the basis of a confidentiality commitment on their part to ensure that these data are kept secure and that the provision of such personal information is made in accordance with the applicable law
- to providers (marketing, payment / banking or other services, registrars, courier companies), including entities assisting in processing the data of Hostico as proxies and other companies in the same group with SC Awesome Projects SRL
- public authorities where they are required to prevent, investigate and repress infractions, law enforcement authorities for the purpose of verifying commercial transactions or other law enforcement authorities to carry out any legitimate checks under law
In the case of domain registration service, the data will be forwarded to the Registry of Hostico / Registrar responsible for domain registration. This partner can be located in the country, in European Union or outside the Union, depending on the extension you ordered.
When SSL certificates are purchased, the data will be forwarded to the Hostico partner responsible for issuing the ordered certificate.
6. Transfer of personal data
Personal data will only be transferred outside the country respectively outside the European Union if the fulfillment of the contractual relationship depends on the transfer.
For example, in the domain registration service, depending on the requested domain extension, personal data may be transmitted outside that country outside the EU.
7. The rights you receive
Under the conditions set out in the legislation on the processing of personal data, you are entitled to the following rights :
- the right to be informed, respectively the right to receive details of the processing activities carried out by Hostico as described in this document
- the right of access to data, respectively the right to obtain confirmation from Hostico about the processing of personal data, as well as details of processing activities such as the way the data is processed, the purpose of the processing, the recipients or the categories data recipients, etc.
- the right to rectification, respectively the right to obtain inaccurate or unjustified personal data by Hostico without undue delay, as well as the completion of incomplete data; The rectification / completion shall be communicated to each recipient to whom the data were transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts.
- the right to delete the data without undue delay ("the right to be forgotten") if one of the following applies :
they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed
if consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal basis for processing;
if the data subject opposes to processing and there are no legitimate reasons to prevail
where personal data has been processed unlawfully
if personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation
personal data has been collected in connection with the provision of services of the informational society in regards to the rights of the European Union or under the internal laws that the operator works.
It is possible that following the data deletion request, Hostico may anonymize this data (thus depriving it of its personal character) and continue processing for statistical purposes under these conditions
- the right to restrict processing to the extent that: the person challenges the accuracy of the data for a period that allows us to verify the accuracy of the data; processing is illegal and the data subject opposes the deletion of personal data, but instead calls for restrictions on their use; the operator no longer requires personal data for processing, but the data subject requests them to find, exercise or defend a right in court; or the data subject opposed to processing (other than direct marketing) for the period of time to verify that the legitimate rights of the controller prevail over the data subject
- the right to data portability, respectively the right to receive personal data in a structured way, commonly used in an easy-to-read format, as well as the right to transmit these data by Hostico to another operator data, insofar as the conditions laid down by law are met
- the right to object - in respect of processing activities may be exercised by submitting a request as indicated below; at any time, for reasons relating to the particular circumstances of the data subject, that the data which are intended to be processed under the legitimate interest of Hostico or the public interest, except where Hostico can demonstrate that he has legitimate and imperative reasons that justifies the processing and which prevails over the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subjects or that the purpose is to establish, exercise or defend a right in court; at any time, free of charge and without any justification, that data intended to be processed for direct marketing purposes.
- the right not to be subject to an automatic individual decision, that is, the right not to be the subject of a decision taken solely on the basis of automatic processing activities, including the creation of profiles, which produces legal effects affecting the data subject or affects him similarly to a significant extent
- the right to address to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or to the competent courts, to the extent that you consider it necessary.
The right of access and rectification is provided through the application used to access the client account
For any additional questions about how your personal data is processed and to exercise your rights above, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Control, access and security
Customers personal data are stored by organizational and technical methods in accordance with the GDPR to ensure their protection against destruction as a result of security breach, alteration, disclosure, or any other illegal processing.
Hostico will provide certain employees with information and personal data provided by you for the sole purpose of properly delivering the services. Each of these employees has active confidentiality contracts and will receive special instructions regarding the processing of these data, Hostico assuming responsibility for the way in which they record, store and use this data.
the personal information of Hostico is stored and processed through WHMCS (additional information can be found at https://www.whmcs.com).
The personal information of a customer is only accessible to the customer and Hostico operators, accessing them is only possible based on a username and password that are different for each customer.
Additionally, customers can enable "Two Factor Authentication", which is an additional security measure for account access that requires getting code from an external device to authenticate to the client account. Data is processed exclusively at Awesome Projects S.R.L. and partner data centers in Romania.
However, we point out that no informational security program is infallible.
9. Special preferences related to minors
Hostico does not knowingly or intentionally collect data about minors. We do not provide services to minors.
As processor Hostico will :
•process the information provided by you for your exact purposes
•apply high level of security standards at both equipment and infrastructure level
•report any breach of data without undue delay
•process personal data only for the time you specify
•ensure that the data is and will remain your property
•store information only on Romanian servers
12. Document validity
This Privacy Document is valid indefinitely.
Hostico reserves the right to make amendments to this document, which is why customers are asked to consult it periodically.
Last updated: 05.02.2020